Keeping you up to date with John’s work on the proposed Coul Links golf development
- On 20th June 2018 Highland Council’s North Planning Committee approved the Coul Links golf development application. This was despite the strong objections of Scottish Natural Heritage and more than 1500 members of the public. Following the decision to approve the application John wrote to the Minister for Local Government and Housing, Kevin Stewart MSP, as the Minister responsible for planning matters to urge the Scottish Government to call-in the application. You can read John’s letter here:
- On July 23rd John received a response to the above Letter. The response outlines the process of a Minister’s decision whether to call in the application or not. You can read the Minister’s response here:
- John raised concerns with the First Minister at FMQs on 8th February 2018
- John has also raised the development with ministers in a number of written questions, which you can see here.
- He also raised it in the chamber with the Cabinet Secretary for Environment, Climate Change and Land Reform:
- John has lodged an objection to the planning application with the Highland Council
- John’s objection also covers the application by developers to drill a bore hole on the site